Saturday, March 12, 2005

strictly ballroom


me and sonal

been on a high since last evening… happiness since stevie wonder brought tears of joy to my eyes with songs in the key of life.. the celebration of the moment – gospel music for the earthbound.. discovered the rhythm again.. and the blues..

jonathan and mukul

and the people- so many people.. sonal in town from delhi for a seminar to reshape the mill lands.. and jonathan – french historian from america now in glasgow via oxford.. sonals friends from the workshop- kinkini, jaspreet, tina.. meghana the gorgeous and ranjit the mad (mukul and ninad – of course).. cafĂ© coffee day at carter road and dinner at thai ban.. spiral conversations.

ninad and me

today there is glitter in my eyes and a beautiful woman in my arms. the spotlight is on us, the dance floor is waiting and we are swaying away- me in my fancy jacket and she in her flamenco dress… glamourous, stylish and sexy.. fabulously funny brilliant and so very entertaining -‘strictly ballroom’ at the end of which all of us stood up clapping and cheering and i still cant stop smiling.. the rumba is dance of love.. shall we dance?... ooo yes- right now?


me and my fantasy

and then sitting around at 4 on a saturday afternoon all of us watching karan johar bitch away with beautiful and charming stars (in this case abhishek bachchan and preity zinta).. loving them.

sonal left right now and the house has emptied suddenly.. it is back to being private space.. this silence is feeling odd.. feeling lightheaded and giddy with all that divine laughter- can still hear it in my ears.. am going to let it ring itself out now while reading a book in my room.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

aei!! don't make me look so round.

anshuman kishore said...

yeah the quiet after a dose of positive, friendly interaction can be a bit un-nerving.

sundarsonal said...

boyo!
the two days were so much fun,with meghus spectacular lunch also, no? i am sitting in my room very lost and have to design stuff in calcutta...
love you! you best brother boy!

blink blank link said...

wow! wasnt there to see it, but the energy seems to be ooozing out!! really sounds like a release, and that always always feels awesome, doesnt it?!

Anonymous said...

hi rohan
nice to read this blog yeah must have been great having so many people around,kinda miss all this and nice to see sonal and mukul after long time.yeah the emptiness after such events can sometimes really leave u very sad.save one maybe when me and shyam and prob zubair can make it one day.

luv babu

Anonymous said...

hi rohan
nice to read this blog yeah must have been great having so many people around,kinda miss all this and nice to see sonal and mukul after long time.yeah the emptiness after such events can sometimes really leave u very sad.save one maybe when me and shyam and prob zubair can make it one day.

luv babu

blink blank link said...

hey rohan!
about whether i mind you including me in your blog links - not att allll, not att alllll.... its like policing for me, we could all do with some responsible blogging! ;)

Mayur said...

heheh...hey rohan...that snap of you and sonal is awesome...at first i thought u were whacking her and she was all pissed off....very dramatic...until i realized thats the new way of expressing fun!!!..have fun!!