Sunday, February 12, 2006

kanheri . sakshi . car music

i went to kanheri after at least four years today. it used to be a monsoon ritual among us. a weekday taken off and a long walk up the moss covered black hills; and the light rain on our bodies. for me an image of johns body climbing the gentle steps caved into the rock walking away from me into the clouds is the one that represents all of the excursions. today, saurabh, paul, aditya, tushar, prajna and me met at nine and this time the water had run dry, that complicated water harvesting system was more difficult to trace. there might be a design cell project possibility. if it comes through, it will be great.

last night at sakshi nalini opened her new sow of paintings – alice in wonderland series. there were so many people i knew, from the artist community, the academicians and my family. venkatesh uncle, prabha aunty; astad; abhay and shilpa; rahul back from goa; goerge, surabhi and sanaa; jitish and reena; madhu with her great new haircut; aparna and sudhir; mukul; kausik and mahua.. the usual suspects and more. we ran away from the fancy dinner planned at the maratha sheraton in lalbaug and ended up at ‘golden orchid’ – madhu. mukul and me eating spare ribs and pot rice.

car music: the pazz and jop poll has made me go back to mia, kanye west, the new white stripes album and my morning jackets ‘z’.



No comments: