Thursday, September 29, 2011

conclaves on the city


the first at sahyadri on malabar hill. my first time there inside the pleasure garden of the pwerful overlooking marine drive. under discussion was the rajiv awas yojana- the central government's new plan for urban poverty. the room was full of politicians (including the chief minister), bureaucrats (current and past), mayors from around the state, ngo workers and academic institutions. the plan offers 50% subsidy to plans for urban housing provisions and leaves a lot open-ended (at least so far). have to see how this turns out.
later, an unsolicited conclave of us architects met at the udri- this time to discuss 'urban form' and trying to influence the preparation of the development plan from the outside. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Volvo XC90 Turbo

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.