Saturday, October 04, 2008

hellboy 2- the golden army / the glass palace

on the eve of my birthday mukul and me chilled out my simmering temper
by watching a good old fashioned actionfest. i much preferred the
earlier, more confused hellboy to this one, but the special effects
and the non-stop action made up for all emotional emptiness. why in
the world was a expecting more? i guess the dark knight raises
expectations from superhero films.

also finished reading amitav ghosh's 'the glass palace' and could not
help but think of mrs makhijani- the french teacher in our school who
used to sell us eggs when she first arrived in bombay from burma.
'shiva' she used to call me- and she loved me. wicked little boys that
we were her strangeness and the fact that she sold eggs door to door
were material for a lot of vicious jokes in school. how nasty little
boys are!

No comments: