Monday, September 18, 2006

new entries to the house. happy birthday anand


the chair

new entries to the house have turned the established order upside down. first it is strangely art deco styles chair that dad mom sonal and me bought at raghuvanshi mills yesterday. it sits now right besides me as i type- brown leather asymmetrical with gold trimmings. meanwhile for my room which has long lacked a music system i am putting together a computer based soundbox. i got the computer back from the office and got it connected and today collected the new amplifier and speakers from veera desai road. anand is supposed to get me a 300 gb (or something like that) hard drive for all my mp3s- most essential. But that means that all the furniture in my room is suddenly woefully inadequate. I have to get a new wardrobe made, new book shelves and need to finally get rid of all the cassette tapes that I have collected over the years and have stored so carefully for nostalgias sake. They are now gathering dust and fungus and will never play. does anyone have any suggestions about that to do with them? I have at least 600.


my room on sunday

also- today is anand bhat- my cousins birthday. the youngest of all- here is he loking like upen patel.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the photo with the chair...what kind of camera are you taking these snaps on?

Anarchytect said...

my cell phone cam.
nokia zindabad

samania saman said...

the chairs damn nice ya! and keep the tapes.. convert them to mp3 now that you hav a comp based sound thingie. its rather simple. and dont worry about the fungus part, theycan be cleaned over and still play. done it lots of times with my dads tapes.

Anarchytect said...

how do you convert them? or get rid of the fungus..

Anonymous said...

make an audio cassette art installation.
use 599 tapes
and the last one,which has no fungus-play.

sundarsonal said...

hey i object! anand looks much much better than upen patel

pappu poppins said...

heyy ur cousin does look much better than upen patel...

ranjit kandalgaonkar said...

now make new post.

Anonymous said...

Although i COMPLETELY agree with sonal and pappu poppins i see what you mean about the photograph.
The chair photograph is nice like a newborn.