Monday, December 31, 2007

'taare zameen par'

maybe because ‘every child is special’ or at least all adults believe that they were so when they were young, but there is no way that anyone will not be able to relate to the angst of childhood in ‘taare zameen par’. after all, it does bring out our own sense of being ‘wronged’ and ‘misunderstood’ or ‘alienated’ when we were young. i fell for it too. and it manipulated me completely knowing that i would fall.

after all, in my imagination all the purported injustices of being persecuted for my arithmetic skills and my crooked feet took on the proportions of epic drama with me as suffering hero. the film gives us all an excuse to believe that we could have been someone else- better, more talented and happier- if it wasn’t for…..

warm and fuzzy, lovingly made and nicely acted out, a sweet calculating film that knew all the tricks when it comes to making people sniffle. and sniffle they did. and so did i.

No comments: