Saturday, May 07, 2005

assorted asides

Besides the heritage presentation meeting on Wednesday the other big meeting of the week was the academic council meeting today which never fails to give us all in the school trauma- if only for all the paper work we have to generate to prove that we do actually do some work in the school.

We presented the status of the three design cell projects - the juhu market proposal, the aga khan housing study and amisha presented the sustainability of commercial buildings project. Long and packed with so much tension these meetings are even though there is nothing really to get tense about.

Also this week saw the final Thesis presentations of the leftovers of Ateyas Class. Eshraj, Nehal, Noella and my very own Khyatee and Kiran Kolhe. Khyatees rather well made annex ot the Opera House got into a controversy because she did not 'respect' the earlier building enough. Kirans project suffered from a severe lack of architectural skill. I wish I had a photograph of Khyatees model.

The office refrigerator is still largely empty and amit keeps taunting me about it. I am going to get some bread an butter and keep it in it to make him happy. Meanwhile, our phone from MTNL has not yet arrived and Mukul completely blew his top at the smiling obsequious man who came to solve the problem. Letters to the press have been threatened. Hopefully, that should make someone act a little more quickly.

Meanwhile my swimming plans seem destined to fail. Every evening on my way back I plan to go to the club to swim and reduce the burgeoning ponch that makes my mom so livid. This week when I got there the pool was invaded by the crew of a 'd' grade hindi film with tara sharma and 6 other swimsuit clad babes.. three bikinied blondes and three slightly more clad desis.

I had to retreat to the lap pool where throngs of kids were learning to swim, until the film crew followed me there for the beauties to pose seductively under waterfalls. I should have tried out for a role as an extra- maybe I could have then finally been able to get a dip. But I don’t think I will look good in a two piece.

2 comments:

sundarsonal said...

.. i also need some paunch destroying activity boy. i wish i had seen the blondies.. i always miss these things!

Anonymous said...

i am sure everyone joins me in agreeing wholeheartedly with your last statement.