Friday, October 27, 2006

choti abida


abida and sonal at the gangadharans house next door

choti (or zahida)

total shocker in the morning when choti abida happened to the lane. they used to live above us and have now for a long time been in the us of a. the last time i met them was on my month long usa train ride- first choti in boston and then towards the end of the trip - abida in new orleans. abida has now moved to houston while choti still stays in boston. their parents now live in chennai and there is therefore no reason for the sisters to come to this city on their trips to india. it was great to see the both of them, with whom i have played so many juvenile card games, hide and seeks and antaskharis.

2 comments:

Parul Gahlot said...

Sonal looks great!!

rauf said...

Been staying in the same house for over 45 years Rohan, Most of my playmates and other neighbours moved away. Now I have none of my old neighbours aound. Recently I met most of them at a funeral at a local Church. I was pretty comfortable in that Church, been taking pictures for my neighbours in the past, They all know that I have no faith. Every one was touching me. I had no good news to tell them. They had their problems I had my own. Only one of them an anglo Indian was well placed, the entire neighbourhood was after his sister, I was too young for that. She was much older, Shirly her name, my interest in western music was largely due to her, we used to exchange song books. They had a radiogramme, ask dad what a radiogramme is. Big thing those days, My source was only radio. They had a weekly dance programme on saturday nights, I used to climb up the window and watch.

I asked where his sister is, He pointed his finger towards the sky said she died of cancer. Beauty doesn't last it has to go,gorgeous she was, All were there Hindus muslims christians.
This is India.