Monday, March 05, 2007

strange dream #178

there is a road in our neighbourhood that has been a one way as far as i can remember. it connects the ic colony church which is on top of a slight hill to the s v road as it goes towards dahisar. it is a very narrow road with the high wall of st francis high school on one side and a slight level change towards sv road.

it was late at night with no one on the street. there were the pools of light on the walls that form when the street lights are insufficient. i was driving alone and started climbing up the wrong way up the road when i suddenly saw a woman standing in the middle of the street in front of me. she gestured to me asking me what the hell i thought that i was doing; and then asking me to continue down the street.

nervous i stopped and started to reverse to take a u-turn. as i turned towards the left suddenly everything behind me was completely black. i could not see anything at all. the car rolled gently rumbling back towards the wall to the right. i tried to brake but could not, because i had no idea where i was and somehow my limbs had frozen. i kept thinking that either the rear end of the car was going to ram the wall or the tyre was going to be stuck in the gutter. somehow, with great effort i managed to stop the car, but i still could not see anything at all. my eyes started closing in front of me, and no matter what i tried i could not get them open. i was afraid that another car might speed up the one-way and ram the door. the harder i tried to open my eyes the more heavy they felt, until i forced them open and i lay awake in my bed.

No comments: