Sunday, October 26, 2008

goodbye toxic

i have tried to write something for over a week now. every two sentences i give up and backspace the words off the screen. such a beautiful brilliant boy. such a harrowing experience. the ‘incident’ the only way i can describe it to myself- trying to protect myself and those around me from the horror of that day. as if it is possible to soften such a hard blow. watching it happen, feeling helpless, angry and incredibly sad.

i was flattered when some students told me they saw me in him. i felt it too- a connection. now we are forever linked. i can never forget. it haunts my dreams- sharan, me and taksheel standing on the edge of the country with a lake lapping at our feet looking across the water to tibet; or last night when i walk up to the second floor of the college and all the students are hanging off the ceiling like bats.

we are going to miss him- mad boy. what an incredible child. what a loss.

1 comment:

meghu said...

i thought of messaging u earlier wehn i heard, but figured id rather just leave u alone for a bit.
The whole incident is terribly tragic and i cannot even begin to imagine wht you are going through.
terribly sorry , hope with time it gets a bit easier.