Sunday, September 25, 2005

the seven samurai


after having heard about it for year, i finally decided to watch the seven samurai- akira kurosawa’s masterpiece that inspired so many hollywood and bollywood remakes. the storyline, i am sure, everyone knows- a group of villagers decide to hire samurai to protect their village from bandits.

the hype for me was a little too much to take and i might have expected too much of the film, but it was not as great as i thought it would be- though i did get involved with some of the characters and some sequences were tremendously staged. the battle sequences were amazing and so were the scenes in the forest, but constantly as i was watching i felt that there was someone over my shoulder telling me to find something profound to feel- and to be quite honest i did not- except for the complex way in which the dynamics between the moral codes of the villagers and the samurai were presented. great action film though, and quite entertaining (though a little too long- or so my mother thought)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have FREE leads for your business. Hey, these are free for the asking. All you need to do is visit my website.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

worst review ever. get a job.