Sunday, November 19, 2006

nostalgia - the last day in the states


so, here is a new series of posts for the blog. since many of my old friends are keeping in touch with me through it i thought that it might be nice (and scary) to use some old photographs to rouse some nice and not so nice memories. all who are sickened by this sudden turn to sentiment – sorry.

its almost 9 years since i left the usa. this photo was taken on the day i was leaving at washington dc airport. most of my american family is here. missing though is mani who was in minneapolis already and laurie who is taking the photograph.

on the two sides are mohua and fau to whose place i used to walk to on the long boring days after my masters, then besides mohua are the genius computer boys and my roommates - rohit and shamik, then venu who had driven to dc from tennessee with laurie (his wife taking the photograph) and then me with my thankfully long-deceased moustache and stubble look and then the lovely liji.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to like the cropped hair+ moustache+ white-base t-shirt - just-returned-from-USA look u had when we first came to school :)

PR