Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Jungle book. Jon Favreau. 2016. All that hyper realism,...



Jungle book. Jon Favreau. 2016.

All that hyper realism, immersive forest, feline and feral wild cats, a pack of Goan monkeys and a cuddly bear that has to naturally speak punjabi, does not necessarily make a more effective story than the version I saw when I was a kid. The analog animation then was, rather ‘differently abled’, still able to make me scared for Mowgli, love balloo and feel awful when he leaves the jungle just because he saw a pretty girl. Thank goodness that doesn’t happen in the reboot. Also, I can’t imagine how it might be to find images of these super realistic animals behind Gold Spot covers and stick them in my own Jungle Picture Book.



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/24hYLfE

No comments: